Equipment & Support Technician
If you have an electronic hardware or support background with an interest in motor sports, this is probably your dream job.
Timing Solutions Ltd. is currently looking for a competent and enthusiastic Equipment & Support Technician to hit the ground running.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an electronic hardware environment
- Good analytical and fault finding capability, including soldering skills
- Ability to interpret Technical documentation
- Excellent IT skills
- Use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organisational and logistics skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to different locations
- Good team working skills
- The ideal candidate will be required to manage the planning and organisation of their own workload, including prioritisation
The Role Will Involve
- Preparation and maintenance of company equipment in the office and at circuits
- Liaising with the Operations Manager on the deployment of equipment at events
- Liaising with venues to ensure equipment and timing infrastructure are in good working order; arranging to install new, or repair any non working items as necessary
- Supporting motorsport events, remotely or on site as appropriate and become a Motorsport UK / ACU Timekeeper
- Preparing and/or reviewing documentation for the use of technical equipment.
- Maintaining equipment certification including PAT testing of electrical/electronic equipment and Motorsport UK timing certification of timing systems
- Maintaining and updating asset register of equipment
- Attending suitably approved courses
The role is office based at Tamworth with off-site work supporting events around the UK and worldwide.
Working times vary by agreement which will include some weekend working, but are mainly 9-5 with lunch breaks while based at the office.
When working off-site supporting events, hours vary depending on the event requirements.
Salary depending on experience and qualifications. A company pension scheme is in operation and the successful candidate will also be entitled to private health care.
A company vehicle will also be available for use on company business. A current full UK driving licence is therefore essential.
We are an equal opportunities company.
How to Apply
All candidates must submit a current CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you must also state your grades for all relevant qualifications.